Passing a Multidimensional Array through a hidden form element

I have a multidimensional array that is created on one page and I need to
send it to another page, preferrably using a hidden field in a $_POST
form.

This is what the array structure looks like:
$mArray[0][5][1]="sampleElement";

I tried implode/explode but this just creates a long nasty string of error
messages "Array to string Conversion on line x"

I don't really want to setup a session to do this but if that is the only
way I could do that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ron