problem with web pages and php

I have downloaded mysql-4.0.18-win, php-4.3.6, webcalendar and apache2 webserver

I am retrieving files from my server so I know the webserver is correct but when I try to access the day.php file all I am getting is the code to show up on the screen.

I have tried to add to the http.config file the code for both cgi and module changes and restarted the server several time what am I missing???