Re: Automated Login

Ron Herhuth wrote:

I am trying to build an automated dashboard sort of thing that goes and
checks if several of my clients sites are functioning and reporting back
the findings.

I have two types of URLs that I'm attmepting to check.

1) Typical static URLs example: http://www.yahoo.com

2) I would like to have the app attempt to login by sending the Login
handling page the username and password as POST data.  This seems like it
would be easy if it were a GET form but it is a POST form.

Some POST forms can actually be passed information in the query string, as if it was using the GET method. I use this bookmark to test it:

javascript:(function(){var x,i; x = document.forms; for (i = 0; i < x.length; ++i) x[i].method=%22get%22; alert(%22Changed %22 + x.length + %22 forms to use the GET method. After submitting a form from this page, you should be able to bookmark the result.%22); })();

Thanks to Jesse Ruderman's website for this very handy bookmark!

How can I hit the pages and report back if the site is working and the page loaded, and in the case of the login pages, if I was able to have the script successfully login?

Thanks,
Ron

The cURL extension is probably going to help you with this. http://www.php.net/curl