Re: Re PEAR

Sudar wrote:

Hai Janson

Thanks for responding. The problem with me is that,
right now I don't
have access to the server. I have just got a virtual
directory in which
I have to upload my files and execute. And recently I

PEAR files could be put under your document root, you don't *have* to have access to the server and put them elsewhere. It's just that if your sysadmin wanted to offer PEAR to a lot of people then he could save all of you from having redundant / non-updated PEAR installations.

heard about PEAR
and how it simplies the job, but I cannot explain this
to my Sys Admin
as he will not allow me to access the server or change
any
configuration.

In this situation will PEAR will be of any help to me
? and also I
cannot predict my Production Server. What I can ask
for is only a PHP
installation with default configuration.

So can I use PEAR without configuring anything In the
server, with
default PHP installation.

Yes, you can use a default PHP installation and use PEAR. It uses its own configuration file to manage the system and once you get PEAR set up adding new packages is easy, almost tooo easy :) There is also a web interface to install and maintain PEAR packages, so you don't need to have access to the shell. The web interface is nice, it makes it easy to see what's going on (what version of a package you have and the most recent version are displayed).

Thnks in advance for any help

With regards
Sudar