Re: COM on remote machine

M.Staiger wrote:

Hello NG,

Imagine that you have one machine running iis with php and want to call a
COM-Server (e.g. Word) on a remote machine.Would this be possible? How would
it look like, if this is the call for the local machine : $word = new
COM("word.application");

Thanks,
Marc

I haven't played with this much, but I saw an interesting article over at Zend's site that will help you out I think...

http://www.zend.com/zend/tut/interplatformcomm.php

Although in this article the author was taking the opposite direction (Windows box connecting to Linux server) you might be able to take the FTP idea and get it to use COM. Or perhaps XML-RPC/SOAP would work better for your needs? PEAR has some classes available to get you started.