Re: <?php not handled by iis or apache

Uwe Thiede wrote:

i've tried differend configurations of php and iis/apache and all of them
failed to handle the "xml processor instuctions" inside my html pages.

I don't know if there's a native apache function to do what you are asking (if there is, I'd like to hear about it from someone else). As a workaround you can set the handler for xml/html/whatever documents to be a php script, and then in that php script you can handle xml processing instructions accordingly.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/en/mod/core.html#sethandler

If you're looking for ways to handle pi's in php 4, you should check out this link:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.xml-set-processing-instruction-handler.php