Fra: Anthony M. Saffer [mailto:anthonysaffer@xxxxxxxxx]
Sendt: 15. april 2004 18:22
Til: PHP Windows
Emne:  Question about PHP on Win2k Advanced Server

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently working on an application for a social service agency and
I was writing it with a LAMP target. I was informed on yesterday that
LAMP will not be the target but rather Win2k Advanced Server. I thought
"no problem" since I know that PHP can run on both Linux and Windows and
figured my application would be fine. But then, after doing some
research, I found that PHP seems to not be terribly reliable on Windows
and it gave me pause. This application MUST have a near 24/7 uptime and
I cannot afford to have PHP crashing in the middle of things. So, I am
seriously considering using ASP to do this since 1) it's native to
Windows and stable and 2) it's tightly integrated.

What does everyone think of PHP on Windows? IS it stable enough to be
nearly 100% reliable? What are the problems with using PHP on Windows?

Thanks,
Anthony M. Saffer