From: Ron.Herhuth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 4/1/2004 2:59 PM
Subject:  STUCK : String Comaparison

I may be just over thinking this but I'm stuck trying to figure out a
solution that has to deal with comparing a series of dynamic strings to
known string.  The strings will be 8 characters long and each character
will be either a zero or a 1.  What I need to do is to compare the
dynamic
strings with the known and if each of the 1 characters in the dynamic
string aligns with the 1 characters in the known string it will throw a
flag.  The dynamic string does NOT need to contain all of the 1
characters
that the known string does, just that the ones that it contains align.

Examples:

Known:
10100010

Dynamic:
00100000  Throws flag because both strings contain a 1 in position 3
01100000  Doesn't throw flag because there is a 1 in position 2
10100000  Throws a flag because the 1s in position 1 and 3 align
10110000  Doesn't throw a flag because of the 1 in position 4

I was able to create a function that matches the entire string but I
lost
it when trying to deal with partial matches.  Does anyone have a
potential
solution for such a beast?  I appreciate any input you might be able to
offer...

Thanks,
Ron