Re: Re: Replicating Double quotes

Here it is. Its the one you took the piss out of comments.

Hi all,

> I have a problem in that when I am retrieving data from MySQL that containes
> double quotes, the double quotes gets repeat, and also the string that does
> contain double quotes gets double quotes added to the begin and end of it For
> example I get the following:
>
> "16"" Manikin"
>
> From what should be the following
>
> 16" Manikin
>
> Wh I inserted the data into the database I used the 'addslashes' function.
> Even when I use the 'stripslashes' the output is still the same.
>
> Anyone have any clues? :-s

Ok, here is the procedure in which I am inserting the data into the database...

// Retrieve a line from a file
$line = trim($file_contents[$i]);
//explode the line into an array
$arr = explode(",", $line);
// and then add slashes to exploded data items
$name = addslashes(trim($arr[1]));

With the name variable I then use it inside a query string

When retrieving the data from the database I use the following...

stripslashes($rows[ 'name' ])