Re: AW: Problems with CONSTANTS that does not get defined

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 13:34, Sven Schnitzke wrote:
> Hi Anders,
>
> my first guess is that it might be an unfinished string ' problem starting
> _before_ and hiding the defines for JOB_CMD and FIVE.

Good guess (and you was almost right, right about the part of
hiding code).

I am using GNU Emacs 21.2.1 on redhat-linux which has syntax
highlights, and I can not spot any syntax problem. Secondly,
the PHP interpreter does not go wild about syntax errors.

But you made me think in other ways about my code. This is how it
looks in the start:

<?php

session_start();

require "inc-auth2.php";

if (connection_ok()) {
        main();
} else {
        exit();
}

define("JOB_NUM_COLS", 6);
[...]

And while I did paste this, I just realized that the call to main()
might/will skip the execution of the define()'s, so I put the if-else
construction after all the definition of constants and then it worked
just fine again.

I now got this output:

FIVE: 5/5

JOB_CMD: 5/5

USER JOB LIST GET/JOB_CMD: job1 pelle/job1 pelle/job1 pelle/job1 pelle

Has job

USER JOB LIST GET/JOB_CMD: job2 pelle/job2 pelle/job2 pelle/job2 pelle

Has job

USER JOB LIST GET/JOB_CMD: job1 kalle/job1 kalle/job1 kalle/job1 kalle

USER JOB LIST GET\NUM_LINES: 2.

The funny thing (which was a major contribution to my confusion)
is that some of the constants actually carried a value, like
META_DATA, NUM_LINES, plus a couple of others constants.... this
fouled me into believe that the parser had executed all of them.

So the mysterious that now remains to be explained is why the
heck some constants got defined at all?