teehing troubles with PHP

I'm studying Information systems at university, and I've been set an
assignment to create a simple website using PHP and MySQL. I'm installed
them on my comp at home running Win XP with IIS as my web server. I've
successfully run ASP pages on this set-up but when I try to run a simple
test PHP script - echo ('Hello World'); - all I get is a blank page. But if
I view the source of this page it appears to be fine. I've tried saving the
source of this 'blank' page as HTML and opening it directly in my browser
(IE) but I still get a blank, however if I open this HTML page in FrontPage
and preview it, it's fine. Can anyone suggest anything?