RE: Best way to check for user 'Administrator' group membership

Ah. Now we are getting someone who kind of understands my issues.

Yes. I mean the local system administrators group.
Yes. I was looking at using 'is_readable()', 'is_writeable()'. Tried both on file(s) and folder(s)
with no luck. I tried creating a file/folder both inside my Web tree InetPub as well as outside. I
would then strip off all user permissions except Administrator. and only then make this writable
access. I tried adding the code as in

if (is_writable(<my file>) == TRUE)
{
   //code to include menu option
}

My thought was that is the file is writable then the user must be a member of the Administrators
group thus they should see admin only menu option.

So this might help clear up my confusion. When the user is authenticated isn't that now the
context that PHP is running under? In other words I know that if for instance I allowed anonymous
access by users then the PHP.exe would run as the local IIS defined account (I think it is
'IUSR_...'). But since I am requiring each user to authenticate (against windows basic). does this
not change the running context for PHP to assume the users local access? will phpinfo() provide
the user that PHP is running under?

FPM