Re: Re: header-session problem

Hi there,

Actually there is session_start(); in my actual program. I forgot to put that here. As far Session id is concerned...i've tried that too....but to no avail. It is actually passed thru the url, but cannot catch on the next page. I'm told by someone that this is actually a common problem encountered when php is using as cgi under PWS 4.0. and unfortunately no one came up with asolution.

SuDeEp......

"The.Rock" <chrisz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
First of all, your missing " session_start(); " in page 3. Secondly, to make
a long story short, just pass the session ID in the url, and all your values
that you have set should be passed.

If need to know how to pass a session ID start here
http://www.php.net/session

"Sudeep sarath" wrote in message
> Dear php-freaks,
>
> My o/s is Windows 98 SE. I am using PWS as my web server and i use recent
version of php (i guess php 4.3.4). I recently started working on PHP and
came across this problem.
> I have three pages. i.e page1.php, page2.php, page3.php.
>
> Page1.php
>

>  [input]
>

> Page2.php
>

> > session_start();
> $_SESSION["check"]=$_POST["t1"];
> header("Location: http://www.mypage.com/page3.php";);
> ?>
>
> Page3.php
>
> > echo $_SESSION["check"];
> ?>
>

> So i want page3.php to display what i typed in the text field of
page1.php.

> But page3.php says undefined variable in $_SESSION........
> That means session is lost when i redirect to page3.php from page2.php.
>
> If i echo that SESSION in page2.php itself. It dispalys correctly. So i
think that there is a problem with header and session. Please anyone tell me
how to get over this.

> Yahoo! India Insurance Special: Be informed on the best policies,
services, tools and more.