Re: HELP CSV's

To get around the comma problem you can enclose your
fields in quotes:

"column 1 da,ta","colu,mn 2 data","column,3 data"

As far as the newline characters I don't know if its
feasible for your particular project but you could
strip the newline characters out with something like
this:

$new_string = str_replace("\n", "", $old_string);

If you still get little garbage square characters in
excell you may even have to specify "\r\n" instead of
just "\n".

If you do need those newline characters in excell
perhaps you could replace them with something obvious
like:

$new_string = str_replace("\n", "[FIX THIS]",
$old_string);

And then do a find replace on "[FIX THIS]" afterwards
in excell.

Theres probably a more elegant way to do it but I
don't know it ;)