From: Donatas
To: php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 2004-02-16 11:41
Subject: Re:  Re: header-session problem

bullshit, I have apache and php setup as CGI... in most of my scripts
that require to store unsensitive user info while he's online I use
sessions. I never used PHPSESSID as well...

replying to orriginal poster:
if you would add session_start(); to your first page I bet things would
start working. That's related to the fact mentioned before that
cookies/sessions do not save/start if you use redirect. Starting them
earlier would do the thing.

/Donny

Alan McDonald wrote:

>session is a session ID and it's stored as a cookie. cookies persist
but
>when you setup php as a cgi it's a cgi appliaction - that means nothing
>persists in the context of the application running on the server.
Unlike
>e.g. ASP where an application and a session has a persistance layer.
WHen
>you make an application start point on IIS with ASP and have a
global.asa
>file - this signifiies an application start point. You will notice that
you
>can "unload" the application and set new application and new session
>variables each time you close the browser and staert a new session.
With
>CGI - that's not the case. You need to manage your own session with
cookies
>and the PHPSESSID cookie is where you start to do that.
>Alan
>
>Alan
>
>"B.A.T. Svensson" <B.A.T.Svensson@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>

>>Are saying that session can not persist over different pages?

You