Re: Re: header-session problem

session is a session ID and it's stored as a cookie. cookies persist but
when you setup php as a cgi it's a cgi appliaction - that means nothing
persists in the context of the application running on the server. Unlike
e.g. ASP where an application and a session has a persistance layer. WHen
you make an application start point on IIS with ASP and have a global.asa
file - this signifiies an application start point. You will notice that you
can "unload" the application and set new application and new session
variables each time you close the browser and staert a new session. With
CGI - that's not the case. You need to manage your own session with cookies
and the PHPSESSID cookie is where you start to do that.
Alan

Alan