Re: perl & php

Can they work together? Not really. And yet, ..

I recently did this to wrap a website's session based
authentication/priveleges system around awstats.

My PHP wrapper script, when it called the AWStats perl script, has all CGI
environment variables set, so the output was ok even for the seperate
pages. (all I had to do was in the perl script make sure it outputed the
right file name in the output).

The only catch was to capture the output of the script and remove the http
headers that it sent out.

So other then calling the perl script through exec'ing 'perl.exe
c:\path\awstats.pl'... I don't know of any method to interface PHP to work
with perl.

Although, a thought as I was about to finnish this email...
you could always (using perl for one page, php for another) use custom but
compatible session handlers in both PHP and Perl and then you could use
them together on your website.
Still doesn't address more direct interactions though.

hope that helps at least a bit...,
Andrew.