Converting from ASP to PHP

Hello all,

I have been developing ASP sites and applications for about 7 years.
Recently, I have been considering doing some of my new development projects
in PHP.  Depending on the learning curve, I will have to support and
continue ASP for some time.  I know there a lots of resources available for
PHP and I have a few of the recommeded books, documentation, etc.

My environment is Windows 2000 AS, IIS 5.0 and SQL Server 2000. Support is
for I.E. 5.5+.

I need to be able to perform programming tasks like:

- LDAP queries against Exchange 5.5 database
- Remote Scripting (Microsoft - MSRS)
- Typical database SELECTS, INSERTS, UPDATES, DELETES and execute Stored
Procedures

I have not seen any examples of performing LDAP queries or remote scripting.
I know there are many examples of database access.

I am interesting in hearing from anyone who also made the switch to PHP.
What problems or challenges were met, what limitations or advantages were
discovered.  If any of the above (LDAP or MSRS) were particularly
troublesome in conversion or development in PHP.

Thanks for any and all input.

Duane