[PHP-WIN] UTF8_encode ()

I can't make this function do what I need, and any help is really
appreciated.

For testing I set up two pages, one with iso-8859-1 encoding that has a form
with textbox and submit button and another using utf-8 encoding with echoing
utf8_ecnode ();ed text written in the textbox in the first page.

When I write English it works, Russian - works, German - major screw up,
Lithuanian (my language) - screw up. And so I dunno what to do. I really
need that to work for my multilanguage project I am working on. I googled
for any useful info but only found more ppl having more trouble :/

Thank you in advance,
Donny