[PHP-WIN] Re:Re: [PHP-WIN] ascii to utf-16

Ahem. If you convert and store your data in XML format and handle it like that (say using sablotron or DomXML), as XML uses UTF16 internally, shouldn't that solve this (and a number of other) problem ?

Cheers - Neil.

At 02:28 22/08/2003 +0000, you wrote:
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:31:45 +0900
From: Joel Rees <joel@alpsgiken.gr.jp>
To: "Achilles Maroulis" <achmar@ath.forthnet.gr>, <php-windows@lists.php.net>
Subject: Re: [PHP-WIN] ascii to utf-16

"Achilles Maroulis" <achmar@ath.forthnet.gr>

> > Is there a way to convert a string to unicode utf-16?
>
> Apparently not built into php, which sort of surprises me..
>
> You could make one if you want, it's not hard.
> If you REALLY REALLY REALLY want a conversion function, I might be able
> to build one for you next week. But I don't think you want one. Try this
> instead:
>
>     header( 'Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8' );

Okay, I got this far two weeks ago, haven't been able to break any more
time out since. (Take the kids to see the dolphins and all, you know.)
So I'm posting what I have, which is incomplete and entirely untested.
It should serve as a starting point for anyone who really wants to be
able to convert between forms.

CaptionKit http://www.captionkit.com : Production tools
for accessible subtitled internet media, transcripts
and searchable video. Supports Real Player, Quicktime
and Windows Media Player.

VideoChat with friends online, get Freshly Toasted every
day at http://www.fresh-toast.net : NetMeeting solutions
for a connected world.