[PHP-WIN] How to compile and link Extenion module in Unix

Hello All,
          I have written my own Extension module. can compile it to
create a OBJ i.e a myextension.o file. But  I have problems creating a
myextension.so file. I referred the php manual for compilation but that does
not work. Can anybody tell the step by step procedure to create the .so
file.
 If any body has done this recently please help me.
Thanks
Ashish