Re: No sound in World of Warcraft - intermittant.

On 11/21/2011 10:22 AM, MacNean Tyrrell wrote:
OK, yes 550 is less then 460 (yes I mean GTX, don't get gts/gt for gaming anyways). But it's not better. At least all previous it was the x60 that went up in performance by tons compared to the x50.

I agree, even though we would expect all the "5xx" series cards to be better than any of the "4xx" series cards that isn't the case. Nvidia has a change in the card specs between the "x50" or less and the "x60" or higher cards in any series. The higher than "x60" cards of a previous series will be better hardware than the "x50" and lower cards of the new series. It's annoying to remember and keep track of when comparing cards.

Damn you guys getting ripped off. Or maybe it's shipping. But I got 2 gtx 460's on sale with $30 mail in rebate for under $100 total cost each. Which is like 64 pounds or something. I mean I just looked newegg, think you can get 1 for $140 which is like 89 pounds.

Ick, yes. In a previous post when he said it was cheaper for him to buy windows than to get a new graphics card I thought he was high, then I checked UK prices.