Re: Is there anything blocking wine apps from network access?

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 9:30 AM, fredand44 <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I run Mandriva 2010 with wine 1.2.
>
> I installed Philips Media Connect. (Projects computer screen to TV)

How does this program connect to your television set?  I'm not aware
of any service like this that uses the Internet but rather uses
another method to do this

> All apps from Linux works fine like firefox.
>
> So I ttried to install IE 7 under wine.

This may or may not work.  However, can you try installing Firefox for
Windows with Wine and try this?