Re: Wine and WoW Cataclysm Patch 4.0 troubleshooting thread

On 09/30/2011 03:30 AM, JontomXire wrote:
How do you mean which version? AFAIK WoW refuses to run unless it is updated to the latest version. So...the latest version.

It was a while ago, but I'm sure that the graphics were better - much better - last time I ran WoW under Linux. Yet if I increase a few things from low to fair (all I am allowed to do know) everything slows down quite a bit. This is despite a better processor and memory.

Each expansion of WoW, and sometimes updates within expansions, has increased the graphics requirements. Depending on how long ago you played in Linux that may be what you are seeing. The increases may not have been as noticeable in Windows but are with the dx9 and some other limitations in Wine.