Re: lotro - Isengard patch fails w/ pylotro

On 09/26/2011 07:56 PM, bcpeterson wrote:
Both the codeweavers forum and the lotro forum have even windows users having problems patching.

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=2869;forum=1;msg=112146

Their patch server is getting slammed. =(

At this point it isn't pylotro or wine. Good luck getting connected. =)

I had thought that was probably the issue as well, but now everyone on the lotro forums using pylotro has been able to patch but not connect. Everyone seems to be getting the same 'connection failed. you do not have the current version of the client installed.' error that I did after patching and the log in servers are not overloaded, at least the three windows boxes in the house can log in to servers fine with no wait or queue. Granted, paid accounts on low pop servers may play into that but those same accounts get the fail error in Linux.

Is there a way to tell if the command line parameters sent to the servers from the launcher are handled by pylotro or through wine? If it's pylotro then we may may be stuck until it is updated to send the correct info for the expansion, but if it's wine maybe we can patch it?