Re: Can't get Windows program installed under Wine to work

On 9/10/11 3:44 PM, tm2383 wrote:
Hi,
I am using Ubuntu Linux 10.4 (64 bit). I have been trying to use a scientific program written to work on Windows XP and Vista. I can't run it on my Windows Home Premium as this does not have XP compatability mode. I therefore decided to attempt installation via Wine.
I have downloaded the latest version of Wine and installed it. I used Wine to install the program with no problems.
However, when I try to run the program I get the error message:

Winedvm.exe has encountered a serious error and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Here is the output from the terminal. Does this make sense to anyone?

00000019 (D) C:\windows\system32\winevdm.exe
	0000001b    0<==
	0000001a    0
0000001c explorer.exe
	0000001d    0
Backtrace:
=>0 0x7e9ec310 in libfontconfig.so.1 (+0x7310) (0x0056e1f8)
This is fontconfig so we may have a version incompatibility issue. What version of FontConfig is your Linux distribution using?

James McKenzie