Re: WoW in Wine - PC freezes randomly

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 23:36 +0300, Kari Laine wrote:

> I would also check for the hard disk with manufacturers diagnostic program.

A simple and easy way to keep an eye on your disks' health is to install
the SMART monitoring package. It runs as a daemon that tracks operating
changes on your disk(s) and periodically runs a test on them. By default
it reports changes in the overnight logwatch report and I also have a
weekly cron job set up to do a more rigorous report. AFAIK SMART is part
of every distro (I use Fedora), so installation is straight forward.

Almost all disks have been SMART compliant for several years now.

Martin