Re: Pulse audo in 1.3.25+

dardack wrote:
> The reg will if Pulse doesn't want to grab sound later.  Maybe with 2 sound
> cards it works better.  But on mine if Pulse has grabed the Soundcard at
> this point, wine won't be able to use it for some reason.  (at least 1.3.27
> wine, 1.3.24 worked fine at this point).

I am not having this issue on 1.3.27.  There's no conflict between wine and pulse that I have seen. I could just be lucky though. I don't think I was having near as many issues with sound after 1.3.25 came out as some other people though.

dardack wrote:

> Did you change the name pcm.dmixed/mixin for the second card, they can't
> have the same name, you also have to change the HW#.  It could be why you're
> having sound go across multiple sound cards.  Then create duplex2 or
> something.

I suffixed everything with 0 or 1 depending if it was hw:0 or hw:1. Works great except in the few circumstances I noted.

dardack wrote:

> BTW you using 1.3.27 wine?

Yup. I had to download the 1.3.27 deb from the natty repo though since there is no 1.3.27 build for lucid yet.

Also many thanks for putting that little guide together!