wine/native program sound issue (no pulse)

In Wine 1.3.25 and not in .26 I am having a problem with an odd sound conflict. I use the linux native version of Teamspeak while gaming and play the games through Wine. If I start Wine first then Teamspeak cannot access the sound card and does not work but all the game sounds work. If I start Teamspeak first it works fine and most (but not all) games have sound in Wine.

Before Wine 1.3.25 it did not matter which order I started the programs in, is it something to do with the sound system changes that are in progress in Wine and I just need to be patient until things settle? I have googled and searched for bugs and not found anything I could tie to this and am not sure what else to check.

Wine version 1.3.26 installed via OpenSuse 11.4
Onboard nvidia sound
KDE (no pulse audio components)
No changes to OS install or sound system before/after problem appearing