Re: MS-Office 2003 crashes when loading documents

Shdwdrgn wrote:
> The document I'm testing with only contains a single line of plain text, so there's nothing fancy about it - no tables or graphics, not even italics or bold text.

What font is used in this document? Have you tried any other documents?

> I looked for dw20.exe in winecfg, but did not find it listed.  I thought it would be under libraries, but apparently not.  Can you point me to it?

You have to add it on the Libraries tab. It is not on the list; just type it in. Set it to disabled.

> I also tried adding an override for riched20, setting it to native.  Winword still crashes when I load a document.  I added a native override for riched32, but again the same results.

Remove them.

Post complete terminal output with dw20.exe disabled and no other overrides, including the command you used to start Word.