Re: Wine aborts setup.exe for weird reason: Need a FIX

This build is called 1.3.25 and is built specifically for Ubuntu Natty by Mathew Young and includes the patches needed to enable USB support. The repository is given below:

PPA for extra packages:

https://launchpad.net/~gtrsdk/+archive/extras

I cannot provide additional execution information since I double clicked on setup.exe from Nautilus. The exact error message and behavior is described fully above.

I have installed another package this way under wine (double click on setup.exe) and it worked fine. In this particular case, my guess is that wine creates a temp directory and copies setup.exe to it, but is unaware of the dependence on setup.LST and therefore does not copy it to the temp directory. If I could create a temp directory with all needed files and force wine to install from there, it might solve the problem.