Re: Internet Explorer 6 won't install

On 7/28/11 7:51 PM, dimesio wrote:
fikio wrote:
Hi all,

I am a new Wine user and installed the latest version; when I try to install IE6 from the preinstalled prefixes, I get the following error message:

###ERROR### Command 'sh /private/tmp/winebottler/1311902078/winetricks.sh dcom98' returned status 1.
Task returned with status 15.

Does anyone know what this means and what I need to do? Since this is one of the prefixes that comes with it I wonder if I have done something incorrectly with the install of Wine/Winebottler?

Thanks!
Winebottler is not supported here; this forum is for plain Wine only.

FYI, you appear to be using an obsolete version of winetricks;  dcom98 was removed from it months ago.

If he is using winetricks that was included with WineBottler it is whatever Dan/Austin had released when Wine 1.2.2 was released.

I'm considering WineBottler abandonware.  Wine 1.2.2 was the last release.

James