Re: USB SoundCard no longer recognized in 1.3.25

> I just upgraded to wine-1.3.25 from the PPA repository and my USB
> soundcard is no longer recognized.
> (I have pulseaudio disabled, and the USB set as my "default" card.)
> I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
> The program's message says
> "The audio input device is not responding."
> and
> "The sound system does not support the requested waveform audio
> format."
>
> But alsamixer shows the right default card, and the right settings.
> Should I file a regression? I couldn't test for it until next week at
> the earliest.

Are you testing with a clean prefix (and other user data, etc)? Dragon might be expecting to find a certain card name, which is now changed with the new implementation.

If you are using a clean prefix, then please file a bug, and add me to the CC list. There is some information about filing useful audio bugs here: <http://wiki.winehq.org/Sound>. Attaching a log as described there would be especially helpful.

Thanks,
Andrew