Re: Problem with Worl of Warcraft on Wine. Works very very slow.

On 07/25/2011 04:29 AM, nitroglycerine wrote:
Some time ago I tried World of Warcraft on Wine, when used Ubuntu and works great, but now works very slow.

Graphics: Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset  Integrated Graphics

The last few updates of WoW have made the graphic requirements much higher than they used to be. Blizzard doesn't even support the game in Windows for Intel graphics cards anymore I don't think. Since the Linux drivers for Intel cards are usually horrible you may not have any luck with that card. Be sure you have the newest driver for your card, but if that doesn't help your best bet would be to replace it with an Nvidia or ATI card. Even a budget Nvidia card would be an improvement since their Linux drivers are fairly well supported. If you or a friend have an extra Nvidia or ATI card handy you could use that to test performance.