Re: some window files are missing from /.wine

On 7/14/11 6:32 PM, mariomhgreene wrote:
jjmckenzie wrote:
On 7/13/11 5:18 PM, garybaldy72uk wrote:

System32/driver/etc

Thats only a vaild folder if you are instyallig windows as far as im aware!

its where most drivers are installed to.

Wine does not support Windows Drivers.

Mind would be Great for Wine to support  drivers would save so many hassles on ubuntu!

No.  Wine uses the drivers that ARE installed in Ubuntu Linux.  Thus, if
you want to use that WizBang scanner, you either have to find a driver
for it or look if SANE supports it.  If you want to use a USB device
(other than memory devices) you will have to find a Linux driver for it
or find another device.

James
i need it for a mmorpg and dont tell me to get windows because it work for a while than crash

Without the program name all I can suggest at this point is to look in the Applications Database for help. If there is no entry for the game, then can you run the program and capture a logging file and put it on a web site like pastebin.com. Post the URL in this forum topic.

James