Re: Problem running a program that uses .NET 2.0 SP1

On 6/27/11 7:34 PM, tekhnolyze wrote:
There's a program I'm trying to run called UOCartographer, which is a mapping tool for an online game I play.
Did you look on the Applications Database for the game (why don't folks just tell us the name of the game and get it over with to begin with)?

  I use wine 1.2.2 under Slackware 13.37 64 bit (multilib).
You might just want to try doing this with Wine-1.3.23. It has many fixes for problems and Wine 1.2.2 is almost a year old at the code baseline.
I of course installed the .NET component with Winetricks, but it gave a slew of error messages.
The installation or the program? If .NET 2.0 will not install cleanly, you might want to try using mono2.10 instead.

After poking around online and looking at similar errors, I installed jet40 and gdiplus, which cut down most of the errors. But there's still an error, and I can't get past this one.

This is the terminal output when I start the program:

Code:

me@mycomputer:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/UOCartographer$ wine UOCartographer.exe
preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 00010000-00110000
There is an entry in the Wine FAQ about preloader problems. Did you try the solution provided in the FAQ at http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-39d3b5ce61d038004ad47418ab1567b0ec4e507f
?

Try these first and advise what happens when you try to run this program again.