Fullscreen Problem - Taskbars showing

Running Ubuntu 10.10 with Gnome and Compiz. Wine 1.3.21.

For a long time I've been having problems with some games where if they are fullscreen the taskbars are still showing. The Compiz Legacy fullscreen workaround does nothing for this. I've been scouring the net for something that works, but so far haven't found anything.

Any advice on how to fix this or to troublshoot?
Many Thanks