Re: Running a wine app from a control panel.

It runs fine through SSH, it does throw up the display error but I can still connect to the game server via my windows based PC fine.

If I do it through terminal I use the wine /gamelocation/game.exe -m (parameters to run) and it runs fine with the display error.

But the problem is I want it to launch from an apache based website control panel. It's controlled by the user www-data. It does launch the game with setting wine as the executable with the game as a parameter. But it gets killed by Error opening terminal: unknown.

This only occurs if I try use the control panel to launch the game. Im not entirely sure it's a wine problem, just curious as to whether anyone else has had this error before?