Re: Wine install problem?

On 5/15/11 4:21 PM, Absurd Bunny wrote:
I downloaded macports and followed this tut:http://davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/

But I keep getting this problem
  s--->   Computing dependencies for wineiError: Unable to execute port: Can't install wine because conflicting ports are installed: wine-devel
To report a bug, see<http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

The question is why do you want to install the stable version of Wine that is about six months old now and does not include critical fixes for some programs?

You should stay with wine-devel and wait for macports to update to the lastest version (1.3.20). This may take a couple more days if problems were encountered building it (although I don't expect this, as I've rolled my own build and had no problems that I did not introduce myself.)

James McKenzie