Re: Kareo please help

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 23:03, rgor <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am a new Ubuntu user and I am trying to get rid of Windows from all my computers forever! The only hurdle is my medical billing software Kareo. ÂWhen I tried to run the exe file it states that it is extracting an MSI file and then shut out.
> I tried extracting the msi files running w/ the wine msi switch but it states that the msi file cannot run w/o the setup file. ÂThe program can be freely downloaded from the kareo website.
> I tried to get support to help me but they are not interested and asked me to use Windows instead. ÂThey don't support Linux and show no interest in doing so.
> I am open to any ideas except for keeping windows on all my pcs. ÂI love Ubuntu and I have not desire to go back to the other bug ridden and virus infested software.
> Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated,
> regards
> rgor

Wine FAQ (http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ) has information on how to
install programs in Wine (and is generally an *extremely* recommended
reading anyway).

If you're using Natty 11.04, beware that the unity desktop has some
bugs impacting wine, so Ubuntu classic desktop (or kubuntu, xubuntu,
...) is preferable.