Re: udisk cdrom support in linux

On 5/4/11 5:27 PM, jdratlif wrote:
> That's too bad. Gentoo got rid of hal on 64-bit platforms awhile back,
What are you talking about? I have a 64-bit Gentoo VM right now with HAL
installed. It's true that the desktop environments don't need it
anymore, so an emerge --depclean will get rid of it, but if you emerge
it on your own, you can still use it with Wine.

But yeah, at some point we're going to need to support udisks.

Chip