Re: Is there a difference...? [question]

dimesio wrote:

> DIFTOW wrote:
> > I have Windows 7 and Ubuntu 11.04 on dual boot.
> >
> > I have applications of course on Windows 7, which I can run in Ubuntu using Wine.
> >

> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-497f1a295d53dd3444f211df2b13312c7767afa2

Other than saying it isn't recommended, that doesn't really answer my question.

I run Steam via Wine. Steam is previously installed on Windows 7.
Steam runs, and so does the games I have on Steam.

It isn't really ideal to install Steam and the games twice, if the performance such as 'fps' and all isn't going to do any better.