Re: API-MS-Win-Security-Base-L1-1-0.dll Failed To Initialize

On 4/20/11 8:49 PM, Pavel Troller wrote:
Hi!

Trying to run code I compiled on windows:

debian-test:~# /usr/local/bin/wine EventLogViewer.exe
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
err:module:attach_process_dlls "API-MS-Win-Security-Base-L1-1-0.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\EventLog\\EventLogViewer.exe" failed, status c0000142

Running it from putty, it's a console application... should work, right?
Do you see the line saying "Application tried to create a window" ?
So, it's not a console application, when it tried to create a window. It cannot
be run on a system without proper X server setup (of course it can be remote,
but the app requires it). Another line saying "Could not create tray window"
just seconds, what has been said.

I'll agree. xfake will allow the creation of windows. However, a pure CLI program will not create windows and might not run on Wine.

James McKenzie