Accessing shared memory

I have a Windows based application that was written by my customer.   This application receives data via UDP, massages the data(proprietary algorithm), then stuffs the output into a shared memory segment.  This app runs perfectly using Wine on my Linux box(Fedora 12).

My own development environment is Java.  I need to write a piece of native C code that can get at the shared memory segment that is created by my customer's application using shmat().

Does anyone have any idea how to tackle this issue?