Re: Couple wine development questions

Well, in the case of some games, doing what is essentially a "Control-S" often will lock up the game or disconnect the game from the internet (if that is the case).  In some apps (like 3D rendering apps) I can start a render, and minimize the window.  The program is still doing the computations, but my computer fan doesn't blow as low and the CPU load seems to fall a bit.  Most of these programs run great in Wine (just as fast, if not faster than in XP), but the CPU usage seems higher.  This all could just be my imagination.