Re: wine-1.3.14 working on Solaris 11 Express

Kazuyuki Sato wrote:
> 	 libwine: Reserve some low memory space even without a preloader.
> 	 http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-cvs/2009-October/061016.html
>
> To our regret, what it is effective in this operation is not understood.

Most 32-bit windows programs (those compiled without LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag) can only deal with lover 2GB of memory. Wine reserves this memory to force all system libraries to be loaded into upper 2GB.

If you remove this commit your program can run out of space. Or in some cases won't even start.