Re: phase-6 program crashes with ubuntu 10.10 and wine 1.3.12

On 2/20/11 1:06 AM, perryh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
"Vangelis"<wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Are you saying that N450 processors with their associated
integrated graphics are not supported by wine and will never
be supported by wine?
Wine is just a user-space program.  Like any such program, it
depends on Linux to manage the display.  Linux in turn depends
on drivers to handle the details of controlling various hardware.
The available Linux drivers for N450 integrated graphics do not
provide the capabilities that wine needs.

This is why I recommended getting a netbook with an nVidia video card. Intel GPUs are crappy to begin with and their Linux drivers are not up to running Wine. If they had a public spec file, then maybe then a project could start to build better drivers then they make. Otherwise, built-in video from Intel is going to be the last option I look at for a Linux system to run Wine with.

James McKenzie