Re: Using a custom library in iTunes

On 2/5/11 8:32 PM, 501st_alpha1 wrote:
Okay, there is one problem. For some reason, iTunes can't see my music files, so every time I try to play one, it asks me to locate it. I can do this manually, but I'm guessing that if I try to use iTunes in Windows, it will do the same thing to any songs I've listened to in Linux. Therefore, I would still like to manually choose my library, rather than have a symlink. Does anyone know of a way to get the hold-shift shortcut to work? Or is there some other way to make iTunes look in a specific location?
Hmmm. That should not happen. However, this may be caused by the fact that you are using a Windows partition under Linux. Can you copy over a song or two to see if iTunes complains when you use a Linux partition to store the files?

James McKenzie