Program fails to start

When I try to start Mathematica in wine the blue screen comes up for a few seconds and then I am dropped back to my KDE Desktop. Wine works fine with AutoCad R14. I am running an i5-750 Intel processor with Debian Linux. I get the following error message using "wine <path to .exe file> > file 2>&1" on the terminal (with no quotes) to start the program:

Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (AMD-64)
err:process:create_process starting 64-bit process L"C:\\program files\\wolfram research\\mathematica\\6.0\\mathematica.exe" not supported in 32-bit wineprefix wine: Bad EXE format for C:\program files\wolfram research\mathematica\6.0\mathematica.exe

Can anyone tell me how to correct this.

I have use this exact program on an Intel Pentium 4 based win2k system with no problems.