Battlefield 2 with Wine

Hello everybody,

I installed Ubuntu 10.10 a few days ago after Windows Vista crashed again.
I have to say that Linux is way better than Windows, so I don't want to go back.
But I like to game sometimes, and that's the only thing Windows does better than Linux.
I want to install Battlefield 2, but it really doesn't work.
I already did a lot of research, but everybody always says: "Yay it works!", but they don't say how they made it to work.
This page (http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=3438) says that I have to change this: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\AppDefaults\bf2.exe\Direct3D'
but there is no file called AppDefaults, how do I get it there?
It has something to do with Direct3D I think, but I have already installed it a hundred of times, but still no file.
I also read this (http://vostrolinux.blogspot.com/2007/11/setting-up-battlefield-2.html), but here I have the same problem.
I have installed Wine 1.3.12.

Is there anyone who was already able to install it?
Or does someone knows how to install it?

Thanks in advance,

Culinax